Monday, December 19, 2011

Is there a more sensible way of life?

My problem is that I'm fed up and confused. I don't understand how or why we (society) force ourselves into what is not only the accepted, but expected way of living. I am what society would deem an average individual...30 something, employed, married, two children, homeowner and so on. More and more often however, I find myself questioning what I am doing; I can't help but wonder what is the point? Despite the fact that my wife also works full-time which consequently impedes on spending time together as a family, we still worry about money and struggle to make ends meet. It seems like we're working just to pay for everything that you're supposed to do and have...a house, a car, a phone, cable T.V., the internet on top of paying for insurance and taxes etc. The thing is we don't want more money or material possessions, we just want an easier way of life. I want to get away from all these obligations. I think I'd be much happier if I could live in a shack in the middle of nowher

0 comments:

Post a Comment