Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The good times. The milestones. Do you feel guilt or sadness for your child's first mom?

That she can't experience them? What do you do about it? I imagine even in open adoptions the first mom might not be there to see the first step or hear the first word. The first time baby girl said "mommy", I completely lost it. I LOVED it. But then in an instat I felt a twinge as I couldn't imagine what it be like to be a first mom and know that your child is calling someone else that. Baby girl went from crawling to running very fast. She talks non-stop. Has the biggest imagination and weaves these incredible tales. And her mama doesn't know any of that. We send yearly updates to her orphanage with pictures and drawings that baby girl has done. Also, I have started writing letters to her mama. I have nowhere to send them right now as obviously we don't know who she is, but I believe that one day things may change in China and there will be a chance. If so, then I want her to know everything. Mostly, I want her to know she was never forgotten.

0 comments:

Post a Comment